Electrical Testing Help

Sometimes it can be confusing as to which type of electrical testing you may need.certs Most electrical testing falls into one of the five categories below. The short guide below will help you identify what type of testing you need to be carried out. If you have any queries please do not hesitate to call on 01482 440210 0r email info@abbeyelectricalservices.co.uk

PAT  (Portable Appliance Testing).

  • Any electrical appliances used in the workplace ranging from a computer to a hand drill.
  • Businesses, charities, schools, hospitals.
  • Visit PAT Testing for more information.


Electrical Inspection & Condition Report

  • Also known as Home Buyers / Landlords Report or Periodic Inspection. 
  • Revealing if electrical circuits or equipment is overloaded
  • Finding potential electric shock risks and fire hazards
  • Identifying defective DIY electrical work
  • Highlighting lack of earthing & bonding
  • Detecting any deterioration of concealed wiring
  • Visit Electrical Condition Report  for more information.


Emergency Lighting Testing Certificate

  • Properties with emergency lighting such as offices, landlords communal areas, shops, schools.
  • Emergency lights activate in the event of mains power failing and enable the occupants to escape safely.
  • Visit Emergency Lighting Testing for more information.


Fire Alarm Servicing Certificate.

  • Properties fire alarm systems such as offices, landlords communal areas, shops, schools.
  • Fire alarms automatically raise the alarm in the event of a fire being detected.
  • Visit Fire Alarm Servicing for more information.


Electrical Installation Certificate

  • New electrical installations or rewired electrical installations.
  • New circuits supplied from fuse board.